Wednesday, October 24, 2012

ENG 274 post #2 Author notes on assignment #1


 I decide to do the vignette in something that makes me happy every instance I think about the event. It also shows the funny and weird side of my family. The thought of everyone smiling made me want to write more than just a vignette it made me want to write an entire story. My inspiration came from seeing my brothers girlfriend and reminiscing the episode. In my revision I was planning to be more evocative and use a lot of imagery. I felt like the reader was unable to capture a sense of each character and each other differences. This was my first time writing a vignette, I consider a vignette harder than an essay to put in writing. The essay is very analytic but the hard part of the vignette is making the plot and finding the correct terms to describe a certain image.  I learned that a vignette is a short story that has no ending. I wrote my vignette on my laptop on Microsoft word, in my room, while eating cookie cream ice cream. While doing this work of literature I didn't have any reading in mind. My vignette is simple it though a reader would be confused or would need any extra information.

We sat all in a playful mood, joked around and poked each other’s nerves, the usual. All of a sudden the room changed everyone got serious and the air felt like iron steel. It felt like a funeral, me and my little brother staring at Maryann. As I look down at my feet all I hear is “Mom, Maryann is pregnant and we keeping the baby”. My mom quickly starts laughing, if I said the room felt like iron steel before during this time it felt like the material Captain America shield was made of.  As she laughs, she farts, that definitely broke the silence. We all started laughing; my mother started joking “That baby better not call me grandma! It should call me auntie; I’m too young to be a grandma”.

No comments:

Post a Comment